Replacement for your lost teeth
A dental implant is a titanium screw which is surgically placed into the bone in order to replace the root of a lost tooth. We can attach crowns, bridges or replace full arches over the implants. Thanks to technology, implants are now seen, felt and function as natural teeth.
Major benefits of dental implants:
- They look and feel just like your own teeth, since they are designed to fuse to your bone, to be permanent… no one will know you have them!
- We don’t need to grind other teeth in order to replace a lost one.
- If your case qualifies, you can have a temporary tooth on the same day.
- Unlike dentures, implants will let you talk without having to worry about your denture becoming loose.
- They give support to your face tissues, so that facial muscles can function properly again.
- Dental implants will let you eat your favorite food with confidence and without pain.
Procedures that involve Dental Implants
Dental implants in spaces where one or several teeth have been lost:
This treatment will require the opening of your gum and placing the implant. In some cases where teeth have been absent for a long time and there is not enough bone, we need to place a bone graft before or at the same time the implant is emplaced.
Immediate Placement of Implants:
We extract a tooth and we place a dental implant during the same procedure. In order to assess if this is possible, we need to make an initial evaluation at our clinic.
Benefits of this treatment:
- Less surgeries.
- One time recovery and medication.
- Patient needs to wait less time for a final crown.
- Superior bone and gum preservation, which results in greater final esthetics and function.
- We can place a temporal tooth over the implant in most cases. This is great news for our patients since they will have something fixed in their mouth from day one. This procedure is known as “Immediate Loading”.
- Immediate Loading is a technique used in anterior teeth, where bone is really strong and the implant is firmly in place.
Implant Supported Dentures:
Functionally, implants replace denture stability, letting them behave just like fixed dentures.
Total Denture over dental implants (Hybrid Bar):
Patients that have situations in which no teeth are left or remaining teeth need to be extracted; we can place 4 to 6 implants per jaw, to give function back. A total denture is then fixed with screws over these implants, so that the patient doesn’t have to remove his new teeth. The benefits of this course of treatment are having stability to talk, to chew, no denture rubbing, comfort and achieve better self-esteem.
Crowns and bridges over implants:
In cases where some of your teeth are lost, we don’t need to place one implant per tooth. In order to have a fixed option for our patients, we can place several implants and replace all of your missing teeth with crowns and bridges.